This material is copyrighted. Except for your own private use, you may not copy or reproduce it in any way without express permission from Cascadia Training.
Sexual Addiction and Infidelity Dynamics: Effective Treatment Approaches for Couples
Presented and developed by Rob Baker, MA, LMFT, LMHC, CSAT
Learning about a partner’s sexual addiction and/or infidelities can be one of the most challenging experiences a person can face. Sexual addiction is not only proliferating at an alarming rate with the emergence of Cybersex, but also becoming more invasive into homes and families.
To address these dynamics effectively, this workshop is designed to provide:
- An overview of the precursors, etiology and neuro-science for Sexual Addiction and Infidelity
- Ways to detect, assess and evaluate the elements of problematic sexual patterns and/or addiction as well as corresponding codependency dynamics in the context of individual and marital therapy
- Orientation to Relapse Prevention Models and Treatment Intervention Tools for Personal Recovery, grounded in Cognitive-Behavioral, Family Systems and Trauma Theories
- Two-Phase Approach for Relational Reconciliation, including specific steps, formats and exercises to support restoring trust and co-creating a mutually satisfying relationship
- Orient the workshop participant to a model of healing, reconciliation and re-bonding for couples facing the challenge of sexual addiction and infidelity
- Understand the etiology and dynamics of sexual addiction, co-dependency and their interaction
- Examine assessment tools and treatment modalities for recovery from sexual addiction, infidelity and co-dependency for each partner in relationships where these dynamics are present
Continuing Education (CE) Information
Cascadia Training is a NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (Provider #: 6575.) and by the Washington State Office of Public Instruction as a "Washington State Approved Clock Hour Offering Workshop."
Rob Baker, MA, LMFT, LMHC, CSAT
Rob Baker, MA, LMFT, LMHC, CSAT, received his Masters Degree in Counseling from the University of San Francisco in 1979. He is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Certified Sex Addiction Therapist. Rob provides marriage, individual, group and family therapy sessions through his private practice, Next Step Counseling & Coaching, in Bellevue.
In addition to his private practice, Rob worked previously for 5 years with Bellevue Community Services as part of their sexual deviancy treatment program therapy team providing individual assessments, individual and group therapy services and participating in team consultations.
Upcoming Dates and Registration
Date: Friday, April 20th, 2018
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Cost: $155.00 USD
Campus: Shoreline Center , Shoreline, WA
Room: Aurora Room-South End
Map: Directions to our campus location.