This material is copyrighted. Except for your own private use, you may not copy or reproduce it in any way without express permission from Cascadia Training.
Courses for Professionals
Click on the title link to view detail information about this course, schedule and how to register.
- Structured Educational Consultation Group
This is an open and ongoing group for professionals trained in Adoption/Foster care issues. Limited to 12 people
- Ethics and Informed Consent: Thinking through the Issues
Ethics trainings are an opportunity for us to contemplate the human experience......
- When Counseling and Family Law Collide
This workshop will focus on ethical and risk managment issues common to may mental health counselors in agency, hospital and clinical practice
- Changes to HIPAA, HITECH Impacting Mental Health Care Providers
On March 26, 2013, Federal regulations related to the practice of mental health professionals changed.
- Ethics and Law in Action
Review specific ethics and laws most commonly problematic for the practioner
- Ethics and Neuropsychology: New Findings and Clinical Implications
Are humans hard wired for certain moral and ethical beliefs?
- Ethics in the 21st Century: Managing Boundaries in a Digital Age
In this dynamic & engaging workshop, explore how on-line access to personal information shapes modern clinical practice.
- HIPAA & HITECH Policies, Procedures & Forms for Health Care Professionals
This CD contains a complete set of Policies & Procedures that satisfy the HIPAA & HITECH requirements.
- Mental Health Ethics in Professional Practice for Counselors
This workshop will familiarize the attendee with codes of ethics for counselors.
- On the Record: Progress Notes and Recordkeeping in Clinical Practice
This interactive training exames best practices for recordkeeping in clinical practice
- Professional Ethics and Technology: Practicing in a Connected Age
We practice in an environment impacted increasingly by computer technologies whether we are technology-savvy or not. In this training we will use Codes of Ethics to problem solve sample technology-related situations in a lively small group format.
- Brief Motivational Interventions: Preparing People to Change
This is a one-day overview of Brief Motivational Interventions (BMI)
- The Therapeutic Alliance: Reclaiming the Essential Ingredient for Evidence Based Treatment in the 21st Century
"The alliance....is (still) one of the strongest validated factors influencing therapy success" (Wampold, 2001)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Action
This workshop will teach practical concepts and steps to help you put Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy into action
- Vicarious Traumatization
Vicarious Traumatization is now recognized as one of the possible experiences of hearing about "the worst of the worst" for a living
- Art Therapy with Anxiety and Depression
In offering therapy to individuals with Anxiety and/or Depression, art therapy offers an effective and safe way for clients to explore complex and overwhelming emotions
- Giftedness-Working with the High IQ Client: When it Looks Like Psychopathology but Isn't
How can I tell if this is ADD or giftedness? Is my client grandiose or are they really as smart as they say? Is this Asperger's or something else? Why is my client so frustrated with others? And so sensitive, too?
- Helping Clients to Develop an "Essential-Self" Care Practice
Learn the skills and abilities to guide clients through the process of developing a personalized "Essential-Self" Care Practice
- Relapse Prevention Therapy: Strategies for Maintaining Change
This training provides therapists with a primer in Relapse Prevention Therapy (RPT)
- Mindfulness Conference: What you Need to Know
Teach your clients how to practice mindfulness everyday in life and in love
- Repair and Reattachment Grief Therapy
A unique and powerful form of grief therapy that relieves the distressful thoughts and feelings that can come with the loss of a loved one.
- Attachment-Focused Therapy Post-Graduate Certificate Program
This small, masters class is designed for the clinician who wants to develop a specialty in treating the attachment/trauma issues of children.
- Become an Approved Clinical Supervisor 2-day series
Become an approved Clinical Supervisor with our two-day supervisory training course
- Clinical Supervision: Becoming an Approved Supervisor
This 2-day 15 hour training satifsies one of the requirements to become an approved supervisor in Washington State
- Mindfulness for Children and Adolescents
Gain understanding in how mindfulness can become a useful clinical tool when working with children
- Motivational Interviewing: Improving client outcomes by increasing intrinsic motivation for change.
Motivational Interviewing is an established evidence based practice renowned for resolving ambivalence
- Preparation Training for the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Exam (NCMHCE)
How to pass the NCMHCE and become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Recognition, Assessment and Treatment of Suicidality
This workshop presents original concepts in the development of suicidality as an ingenius coping mechanism which develops over time
- Using the DSM-5 in Practice: Making the Transition to the New Manual
The DSM 5 has arrived. What are the changes? What is new? How the Heck do we Use it?